As we are very well aware the Election 2012 is in the mind set of many Americans. Quite honestly I hate politics. I get sick of seeing everyone's view points on social media. I hate the negativitiy that comes with campaigning and the view points of voters. I hate political bullies, loudmouths, and political disagreements and arugments. That is why I never comment on Facebook when it comes to political posts. I think its great people are passionate about their view points and their desires for the future of the United States, as long as it is a positive discussion! In general I think both candidates have a passion to change to our country to be better with two entirely different views...does that make it wrong No, but rather I have two criteria for choosing the Presidential candidate and those are:
1. Do I generally agree with their principles more than the other candidate?
2. How will the US Congress and Senate be affected by the decision of the President.
Let's be honest the President does not hold as much power in decisions that many believe they do, therefore I am a realist when it comes to voting. I personally believe there should be greater emphasis placed in voting of the senate and congress than the President. When the President enters office, just a reminder that they have a limited ability to accomplish their goals because it greatly is impacted by how many votes they will have in the Congress and in the Senate.
The President of the United States can not solve ALL of our country's problems or should be called to meet everyone's personal expectations. Reality is we have millions of people in our country and the chances of everyone agreeing with everything a candidate says is ridiculous. Presidents are humans too, regardless they will likely disappoint you in something, just as your spouse and children will disappoint you at times.
So when it comes to Presidential elections I vote for the candidate who I generally agree with. They are not a Super hero who never fails or who give everything they say they will. They are not Santa Clause on Christmas Day who will give you all the things you want want or request. I vote on the individual who I believe will attempt and might...steer things economically, socially, and politically in the direction I hope and believe to see.
You will never see me publically declare or endorse a political candidate for many reasons....
1. Its no ones business who I vote for and to me its not worth getting into heated arugments with anyone. Your personal perspective is not going to change most people's opionion of who to vote for.
2. Whoever is elected to office, is not perfect and will not do everything I hope for them to do, and ultimatley at some point they will disappoint, so why put 100% power into someone who is not Jesus Christ.
3. There are things I like about both parties, I know I have some conservative friends and very liberal friends who will probably be disappointed in me for even stating this, but its the truth. Therefore, I am not sold on a party, but sold on the truths of the Bible and what is more likely going to impact my young family.
I exercise my civil duty everytime to vote and I already have for this election. I took the time to look up every individual on the absentee ballot to educate myself on exactly what they stand for and hope to do over the next four years. That included all of the judges, senators, and local authoritities. I know many of you will disagree with my beliefs and that is OK. We all come from different background, experiences, education. We have different values and dreams, therefore that is why I never express my personal perspective on who I vote for. You must be an informed voter but remember and go out and vote whether it is by absentee ballot or election day. Our President will make mistakes, they will likely disappoint, but support our government and make the change that you can for the better our country. Put your faith in Jesus Christ for the change of our country not a human.
No comments:
Post a Comment